This dish is something I concocted because of softball. I always want something lighter but that is going to provide me with a good amount of energy to make it through a couple double headers a week.
I do like to keep it on hand in the fridge for a quick snack throughout the week at work or an even faster dinner.
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup of cannellini beans cooked or 1 can of cannelinni beans drained
- 1/4 cup of assorted herbs diced
- 2 TB of lemon juice
- Clove of garlic finely diced
- Couple good glugs of extra virgin olive oil
- Healthy pinch of crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper
In keeping with the theme of really difficult almost impossible recipes all you have to do is cook the quinoa per the directions and while the quinoa is stil warm dump everything in. Taste and adjust and keep tasting and adjusting till you are happy.
Cover and set in the refrigerator overnight.
This mixture is amazing by itself but I also like to just take some simple fresh greens and toss it with that.