Guess who is back errrr….guess who has been so lazy to post but now has a massive backlog of blog posts?
I do have a legitimate excuse this time because I have been on business travel in Colorado Springs. We spent a lot of time working but did manage to get out the one day to Pikes Peak and wander around. On the way back down there was a fox just chilling in the road and so I spent the next 10 minutes with a camera chasing him around.
The joy of being out of town and away from your stove is all you do is eat out. After landing I swore I was going to turn into a vegetarian for couple weeks just to flush out the mass quantity of meat, potatoes, more meat, and booze that I had consumed. However, I felt it was best to slowly reintroduce green leafy stuff into my diet just to prevent my body from revolting and what better way than to shove the vegetation into a pork chop.
For this recipe you will need:
- Couple good handfuls of spinach
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Handful of dried tomatoes
- 1 hot pepper (cayenne pepper)
- 1/3 cup panko
- 1/2 cup of your favorite cheese (pepperjack)
- Couple good glugs of extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
Really complicated steps:
- Take everything and spin it in a food processor until it comes together.
- Cut a slit in the pork chops (I used 1 inch thick bone in chops).
- Shove mixture into the slit
- Seal up the slit with a toothpick
- Rub oil, salt, and pepper over the pork chops
- Grill until the pork chops are done.